Sunday, August 8, 2010

An Ex [day seven]

Hmm.... I'm going to leave the name on this one blank for several reasons....

Dear Him,
         Years ago, I starred into those incredible blue eyes. You stood in front of me as this true-blue, 100% bad boy and there I was... ready for trouble. It was November 15th... and by the time March rolled around, we sat on the couch looking at a pregnancy test. I was absolutely terrified, and you were right beside me. I have to admit, I was surprised when you didn't take off running immediately. I knew my parents would kill me, but at that time, all I cared about was having you with me. This girl was head over heels crazy for you.
         About a month later, you turned yourself into jail... well, WE turned you in. I sat in the parking lot crying my eyes out for nearly an hour and had no clue what I was going to do. Too bad you missed the joy of my mother finding out I was (4 months) pregnant. *sarcasm* So.... then you move in with me at my parents... Late nights on the computer, drinking, "working late", going to strip clubs... While I sat at home, with our son growing inside me. My heart would hurt so much during those times. It eventually came down to you going back "home".
         I was so hurt by you. I just wanted you to realize how much I loved you and wanted it to work. I swore up and down that you wouldn't make it to the birth, and honestly, I didn't really want you there. At that time, I felt as though the addictions were more important that us. I was fully prepared to raise this boy by myself. I has just barely turned 18 when November 16th of the next year rolled around. A day after what would have been our 1 year anniversary... My water broke. I hadn't talked to you in almost a month, so I called your family.
         I really didn't want you coming to the delivery if you were drunk... At least you had the 3 hour ride to sober up. *You may not like these words I write now, but these are my feelings of how I felt then.* I was SO mad at you for hurting me. I was so pissed at myself for loving you. Let's fast forward... three (or four) months later. I'm thinking life is going to be perfect, so I move to live with you. Away from my family (that was driving me crazy at the time anyway). At this point, I knew you had already cheated on me before, but I was dumb enough to think it wouldn't happen again.... Long story short, because I don't want this letter to piss you off now. That was years ago and I hope you've made a change for the better. There are just obvious reasons why we couldn't have a relationship.
         There have been times when I have been so disappointed because I always stood behind you saying "this time is different"... and you proved us all wrong. I've seen your heart. I know who you can be and you're a far better person than you think you are. By no means, am I sitting here saying I've been the greatest mother in the world, because that's not true. I have fucked up and made some of the worst mistakes of my life when it comes to that boy... but I don't want to go any deeper into it with this letter. I've probably already gone too far. I am fortunate enough to say that I have a friendship with you. I hope that we can always have that. I worry about you... I'm hoping you can find yourself soon.... not for you, not for me, but for him. I was lucky to find a man who has been a great father-figure in his life and those two love each other deeply... but he needs you too. I'm going to stop writing before I get too much emotion wrapped into this.... besides, I wouldn't want it to be taken the wrong way.

2 comments:

  1. As you once said to him,not eveything needs to be out there for EVERYONE to read. Somethings just need to stay private and not for the whole world to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fortunate that him and I have built a friendship over the years, this was my emotion towards him back then. There are several things that were NOT stated in this letter for the simple fact of it doesn't need to be public. I think that in another time and place, things would have been different... Like I said, I haven't been perfect either, hence the letter titled "A Stranger".

    ReplyDelete