Thursday, August 5, 2010

My Cousin [day four]

I am blessed to have a good family. Although most of us live close together, we don't see each other as often as we should. The older we all get, the more we get caught up in our own lives. I think we all need to work harder on getting together more. I have several relatives that mean a lot to me, but since I have no siblings, I have to chose a relative and the first one that comes to mind is Crystal, my cousin... I'm going to try and write a little something to everyone at the end....

Dear Coozin,
         Where to start? Growing up, we spent so much time together and I always felt like you and Heather were as close to sisters as I would get. I've looked up to you on more times than I could count. Especially when it came to school. One of the things I've always admired about you is your positivity. You seem to always have a smile on your face! Anything you put your mind to, you accomplish. I wish I had that. You are a beautiful person, inside and out.
         Looking by and remembering being younger... sleepovers, new music, paintings, Papa John's, going to Border's, sitting in the car while it was raining... I have so many memories with you, yet the older we get, the less we make. Now that you're a wife and mother, I know you'll be busy, but we should try to continue making moments happen. I want Koen to grow up knowing me and Boo more than just "those people I see at Christmas". Just know that I love you guys dearly and can't wait to see you more.

*I'm going to save the "everyone" part for another letter*

1 comment:

  1. I love you too, Coozin. Thanks for such a wonderful letter. You are very special to me- and I agree that we need to spend more time together. My life is very busy- you are right about that... but there should always be time for family! Please give me a call, or come see me soon. Once I'm able to drive, we can definitely get together. I fluff you gobs and gobs.... to pieces, actually. xoxoxo-- Crystal

    ReplyDelete