Thursday, August 19, 2010

From Georgia, With Love [day sixteen]

Dear Raeanne,
        I am so glad I found you after all these years. There have been so many times you have crossed my mind and it has drove me crazy not knowing where you were or how you were doing. Luckily, after years of searching, I finally found you! You have always been one of those people that I could never forget (not that I ever wanted to). With so many memories that are vivid in my mind, how could I?
        From the "she's my girl" to Six Flags (remember those boys from Florida? lol)... to the time you surprised me in the gym bathroom... You were always so sweet and I hated the fact that you disappeared. I wish I could find all the letters we used to write back and forth. Me, you and Jenn... We all had some good times.
       Once I got in touch with you, it broke my heart that you were going through so much. It makes me want to be near you so that I can be the friend you need right now. We've both been through a lot in the last ten years... I only wish we would have stayed in touch.
       Like I said before, it took me so long to find you because fate was waiting on the perfect time... and right now is when you need me the most. I will get down there to see you as soon as I can, I promise. Even if I have to walk, I'll be there for you. I'd really like for you to read a book, if you haven't already. It's called The Secret and I think you'll really love it. You should check it out next time you're at the library (reading this letter).
I've always had mad love for you, girl and that will never change. Things will get better. You are destined to be someone amazing and nothing will stop you from being that. All the shit you're going through right now is just making you stronger in the long run! I can't wait for the day that I get to see you again. I'm hoping Jenn calls me one day and says, "I'm coming to get you and we're going to see RaeRae!".... Or even better, for you to call and say, "Come get me, I'm moving to Atlanta!" and I'd be there in a heartbeat! Girl, just keep your beautiful head up and keep going strong. There's something big planned for you. You just have to be patient and discover what it is. This time... I'm not losing touch. Love ya girl!

1 comment:

  1. I love you to Raerae! You were gone so fast with no goodbyes, and it killed us both so deeply! We all went through so much as kids and are still fighting the good fight as adults. Misty and i have never stoped talking about you and all our "good times". I will drive us down there one day i have family in Daytona, with the kids in school its hard and my husband is comming home after a short while but I will get us down there to you!! What you ment to misty & me words cannot describe! love you guys

    ReplyDelete