Monday, August 2, 2010

My Crush [day two]

Most people would go with "the obvious" (the significant other), but oh no! Not me. Ever since I can remember, I've been a boy trapped in a girls body. Not in some "I want to get a sex change" kind of way. I've just never been very "girly-girl" (except for emotionally). So, the older I get, the more I realize that boy is gay. I love my gay boys and I can't help it. With that.... here's the letter to my crush. He is an amazing musician with a heart-melting voice.

Dear Jay Brannan,
         You are such a beautiful person, not only physically lol, but mentally. I stumbled across your talent with perfect timing. In 2008, my life took a huge turn (the worst year of my life, to date) and I went even further into a depression I had already battled for 3 years. I would stay in the bed until I had to pee so bad it forced me to get up. Even then, I would go pee and get back in bed. To make matters worse, I would obsessively search YouTube daily for the saddest songs I could think of and force as many tears out of my face as I could. Most of the time, making myself physically sick.
         Some how, I managed to pull up this cute boy playing a guitar. The song was "Soda Shop" and it was the first time I had actually "perked up" in months. I clicked the next song . Then, the next one and that was the moment I fell in love with your music. (That's also the moment I was 100% sure that you were indeed, a gay boy, which only made me love you more). It was March or April of 2008 (I'm pretty sure) and I sat down the next day and watched every single video from the beginning. I started telling everyone I knew that they had to listen to your songs. I felt that I had found someone to relate to me. Less often, I wanted to curl up in the fetal position on a bathroom floor and die. Life still really fucking sucked, but at least I had Jay Brannan! That sounds obsessive, huh? Well, that was the state of mind I was in.
         With my birthday fast approaching, you announced that you were coming to Atlanta! (The day after my birthday!) I bought those tickets so damn fast I was quite possibly the first person to purchase. Your music became a daily routine for me. I would listen to a few songs in the morning, go to work and sing them all day. It was July 18th and I stood outside Vinyl waiting to go in, anxious to see the man that had basically rescued me from depression (while singing songs about depression - crazy, I know).
          I guess the whole reason for this letter is to let you know that you do inspire people! You have a way of impacting someones life and I really don't know if I could have pulled out of those moments in my life without you and your music. Jay, I would grow a penis for you. No worries, I'm not some psycho bitch that wants to own a pair of your underwear and to know every detail about your life. I'm just a girl that needed someone at some of the worst times of my life, and you were that someone. Thank you for doing what you do... and no! I don't regret the tattoo..... yet.
                                                       Your Fellow Housewife
                                                                       xo
(Oh wow... this makes me sound like a stalker, huh? Fuck.)
2009 

1 comment:

  1. awww thanks mistyspring. that made me tear up a little haha. i really appreciate the support, im glad you like my songs. or that they meant something for you or whatever. it means a lot to me. thanks for the kind words, and for listening to my music. oh & i know what its like to be curled up in the fetal position unable to stand up all the time, it's my natural state of being haha. we do the best we can. see u soon in atlanta! xojay

    ReplyDelete