Monday, August 23, 2010

First Impressions... [day twenty.one]

They say first impressions mean everything... I think they lie. Often times, a person isn't always their true selves when they first meet you. It's human nature to want someone to like you when you meet them. Other times, someone has already put something about that person in your head... whether that be something good or bad about them. When I saw the topic of this letter, I was unsure as to who I would write to. I typically don't go by a first impressions, but there is one case that I can think of and I was only reminded of it today. Over the past 10-12 years, my opinions of a certain person have been clouded, and I feel bad about that. It's a rude awakening to find out that someone you thought was your best friend, was a lie the entire time. This black widow knows how to weave her web exactly right so that you get sucked in and blinded to what's really going on. Unfortunately, Wendy and I were two of the people trapped. Now that we're free, we realize that we were wrong about each other.
     
Dear Wendy,
       Let me start of by saying, karma will catch up to that bitch, but in the meantime, I'm glad that we can finally get along without her. I hate that I ever believed any of her lies. I remember when I met you, one of my first thoughts was "Who's this bitch?" I would get pissed because I felt like when I was wasn't around, you would talk behind my back (because that's what I was being told). Over time, I heard different things that would upset me, but in the back of my head, something didn't ever make sense. It may have taken us years but, now we know the truth and I'm glad to have a friendship started up with you! It's amazing what you can find out about a person once they stab you in the back. I can't believe how many people she had fooled. I'm sorry that I ever doubted shit.... It's good getting to know the side of you I've never really had a chance to know. I look forward to making memories with you!

So, lesson learned.... Don't always trust your first impression of someone... You could very well be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment