Friday, August 6, 2010

A Stranger [day six]

Again... another one that I could take in a couple different directions. There are people that I "know" but are strangers because I don't know anything about them... There's the man that I passed by in the store yesterday... and there's the "stranger" within myself. Hmm, decisions, decisions...


To that girl from long ago,
            I watched you look in the mirror... not knowing who in the hell you are. Pupils dilated, mouth dry, skin crawling. You're so very young and have no idea what is coming your way. You wake up every morning thinking that you're unstoppable, that you're doing no wrong. Little do you know who and what falls in your path of destruction... You're completely oblivious to what's going on around you. Look at you! With your excuses! What the fuck is wrong with you?! If only someone would come along and wake you up from this nightmare you creative for yourself!
           I know you don't see it right now, but you'll hate yourself for this. I understand it was a lot to handle, but it was your choice to take on the responsibility. Now look at you! You're having everyone else do it for you! You have a disease that you are unaware of... with no sign of diagnoses anytime soon. You think it's fine, "I'm okay", around your friends. Laughing, cutting up, living it up. Can't you see what pain is headed your way? Yes, you can hide it for a little while, but it'll catch up to you.
           How are those endless nights of no sleep? The random memories your jotting down in that notebook will mean absolutely nothing to you in a few years! That happiness you feel now, is only an illusion. Don't worry, kid, you'll wake up one day. All those friends you think you have will only stab you in the back later. Can't you see what you're doing!? Hiding behind makeup and balloons... thinking no one knows. They may not now, but they will. Just you wait, it's only a matter of time. Your clock is ticking and you aren't even noticing.
           I wish I could tell you all of this... but I sit back and watch from a distance. Watching... waiting... Your days are numbered, little girl. Years from now, your heart will still ache because of what you're doing right now... if only you knew that. That burn you feel now is nothing compared to this pain. You'll soon realize that this isn't a dream... Can't you see the pain you put in his eyes? My eyes get cloudy with tears and my throat holds back a knot as I write this to you. You'll fight this for the rest of your life, all because of one decision to pick it up.
           Those sunglasses don't do shit for you! Aren't you fucking tired of waking up like this!? It's not just you in this world! You selfish bitch! How can you sit around and think bad of others when you're doing this to yourself...? I'm so pissed off at you and you have no fucking clue! If you would only put forth that much effort to getting things done in your life, you'll be a happier person later on. You'll spend hours trying to hide it, months trying to justify it and years trying to forget it. I'm here to tell you that it will haunt you for a lifetime so enjoy it while it lasts. Things are about to get crazy.
            I write this to you in confidence that you will read it years later and realize what all you threw away. This is a war that contains several battles... and it's only just beginning. There are pieces scattered from town to town. When you're ready, take the time to pick them all up. You will come out of this, I promise you that. You will eventually stand stronger than you ever have before. There's absolutely nothing I can do right now to stop you and that hurts... but I can help save you. Grab this life and hold on... it's the only one you have.

                                                                                                     Sincerely,
                                                                                                           You.

2 comments:

  1. Gave me chills. You have an amazing way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You speak the truth, I still look at myself in the mirror and expect to see that Ethiopian lookin loser that I was. I thank God every day for putting you in my life then. You stopped me from being me. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete