Saturday, August 14, 2010

Forgive Me? [day thirteen]

As I've stated several times, I've made some huge mistakes in life, and have definitely learned from them. I am very lucky to have a sweet little boy that loves his Mom no matter what.

Dear Brian "Boo",
         I haven't been the best I can possibly be for you and I'm sorry. I've made some horrible decisions in the past. There's nothing I can do to change that, but I can do everything possible to make you have the best life ever. You are so sweet and you love me far more than you have to. I've always tried to be honest with you and I hope that never backfires on me. You are so very smart and I'm so proud of you. I'm very thankful for your Nana and Papa for being there and don't know what I would have done (or would do) without them. Seven years ago, I was a complete idiot, and I hold it against myself to this day. Although, I'm glad the phase didn't last long, but it was the dumbest 6 months of my life.
         Life isn't as easy as you think it is, go ahead and learn that now. All I ask of you is to be better than I ever was. I hope that you can forgive me and not resent me when you get older. I love you so very, very much. I've broken promises to you and I hate that. Not anymore. I want to you to grow up to be a successful man with all of your dreams within reach and easy to accomplish. I know you can do it. You've already overcame so much and that will make you stronger one day. We are all lucky to have a boy like you. I want to write more letters to you in the future, but for now. Can you forgive me? I'm so sorry that I ever hurt you and make you upset. You deserve far more than I've given you. I want you to be just as proud of me as I have been of you. I love you. Forever and ever. All my heart. Just remember, no matter how old you get, you'll always be my baby. xoxoxox Now, it's time to go upstairs and give you tons of kisses and have you wipe them off (because 10 is "too old" to be getting that much love from your mom)!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment