Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Parental Units [day three]

My mom and dad... The older I get, the more incredible I realize they are.

Dear Mama and Daddy,
            There are so many things I'm thankful for and I'm sorry that I seem ungrateful at times. I guess it's true what they say... I didn't realize how much you actually did for me until I became an adult myself. I don't want to go into a lot of details publicly, but growing up (especially as a teenager), I'm so sorry I was such a pain in the ass. I caused both of you far too much stress.
You have both done so much for me! Thinking about all of it makes me feel useless some times. I know over the past 28 years I have put too much burden on your shoulders. I should have done more for you. I should show you I care more. I should do a lot more than I do. You're right, I'm too selfish at times and I'm sorry. I'm really going to work on that.
I worry about both of you because I don't know what I would do without you. I may joke around about how I wouldn't wipe your ass or how I would push you around in your wheelchair, but when it comes down to it, of course I would take care of you. It's the very least I could do. I really wish I could be more like the both of you. You've always done whatever it took to make sure everyone else was taken care of and put yourself to the side. I hope to one day repay you for everything you've done. I love you both so much! I don't tell you nearly enough.

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved you too and you know that. There have been a lot of times when i didn't like you very much but always loved you. Maybe sometimes too much that instead of seeing you in paid I just took care of it instead of making you do for yourself. There are only 2 things in this life that keeps me going and that is you and BOO, but at the same time I am getting older and it is getting harder. All you have to to is HELP when I need it. It can be as simple as coming over and cooking diner or doing a load of laundry. It doesn't take much to make me happy and you know that. All it takes is having the family together, because that is the most important of all, and not always feeling like no one really cares. It does take a lot to show you love someone. Saying it is one thing but showing it means so much more. Will always love you. ALWAYS YOUR MAMA

    ReplyDelete