Monday, August 16, 2010

We've Drifted Apart [day fourteen]

In all honesty, this letter should probably go to several different people... There are so many people that have drifted away from me, and me from them. Some because they suck and I didn't want anything to do with them anyway. Others because life is busy and we forget to keep in touch... Then, there's a few that I really don't know why we don't talk much anymore. I know it's all about growing up. Friends come and go.
I honestly can't think of who I want to write this too. There are several names that come to mind, but I really don't think I want to write those people. One of my favorite quotes is "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together" by Marilyn Monroe. I think that quote is perfect for this post.
There are just some people that aren't meant to be in your life... no matter how much you want them there. It sucks. I have a few people that I'm no longer friends with because of some "he said, she said" shit. Some of them I could care less about. I called two of those people family... and I never would've thought that they would turn their back on me. There was one bitch at the center of it all (she had a letter earlier) and she spread a lot of rumors and said some shit that she then turned around and said I said. It was a bunch of bullshit. I situation I wasn't even around for, yet, I got blamed for it. Whatever. I miss those people. In some cases, I miss them a lot, but they'll have to wait until this person does those things to them... then, maybe they'll realize.
Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I feel like the people in my life right now, are the ones that need to be there. I'm fortunate to have myself surrounded by good people. If the time comes and I need to see some of them go, I'll be ok. Until then, I'll enjoy the times I have. Life is too short to worry about the petty things.

No comments:

Post a Comment